Monday, September 12, 2011

Today was a day of last minute packing and anticipation. Since the flight didn't leave until 7 pm, we had lots of time.

We had a good laugh putting on our money belts. Of course, we have important papers, boarding passes, money, and our passports in them. But the problem we see that is concerning us is they add to our girth. Oh well. We also have a small card case that is in our bra - another good laugh. We did discover that these items showed up on x ray at security and we both had to be examined. Won't do that again. That would have been a photo moment.

Eileen and I took Seattle's metro train to the airport. We got to see how heavy our bags are. Eileen kept telling me it should be 22 pounds. Hers was 25, mine 22 and Judy's 18. Judy wins. That doesn't sound like much but I am already figuring out what I can unload. Eileen says hers are heavier because her bras are bigger - hmmm.

Getting our euros was a learning experience too. I called USbank and they said I could
just order some to my branch but it takes a day or two. It was the day before leaving so that wouldn't work. I could get them at the airport or the main branch downtown. I decided to go to the main branch. There I had more decisions to make. How much? Over $500, no fee. Euros or a travelex credit card? Well, I got both. The euro credit card is supposed to be easier to use than the euros or our USA credit cards-we will see. There are a few drawbacks. You have to keep track of the balance and there is a pin number. I know my eyes glazed over when she said pin number. I feel like my brain can't handle many more pin numbers. And then she tells my there are two cards, one is just in case something happens to the first and another pin number. Well, let's hope nothing happens to the first.

As I am writing this we are in flight. The airlines is British Air. We have been flying for 3 1/2 hours and have only 5 1/2 left to go. The movie doesn't work and there are several babies crying - those poor moms. The wine is good and Eileen and I are going to play Scrabble.

Can't wait to see Judy. Chow. -Joan







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



1 comment:

  1. I just read through all the updates and they were so great! I REALLY wish you guys woulda gotten motor-bikes! and got it on camera! haha! Sound like you are having a blast! so jealous of you all! Maybe Josh and i will do the same one day! haha. Love the pictures and keep updating!

    ReplyDelete