Monday, September 12, 2011

Eileen's note before leaving


Yes,it is happening! Can't even remember when we started talking about our trip to Italy but I'm going to take credit for the idea. I was there about 5 days spending time in Florence and Rome only. That was another great trip that lasted about 6 weeks spending time in Ireland,Scotland,Switzerland,France,and Greece..That was 30 year-ago with my best friend Louise and her nephew John. I never dreamed then that I would be back someday, and better yet, with my sisters.

I do believe I have done more reading and preparation then the other two! They have a few expectation of me (not discussed) But I also know that that this group is easy and it all will be so different, so awe inspiring,so incredibly breath taking, that whatever we experience we will be able to reflect on it for a lifetime.

How this trip will different from 30 years ago:

- experience Italian cuisine (our stable,back then was wine,salami,tolberome,and cheese)

-appreciate the sites ( not rushing through everything in 5 days)

- better lodging ( no youth hosteling here)

-and oh how security has changed!

So, we are inflight, drinking our El Muro, and anticipating meeting Judy in London in a little over 8 hours. We will be tired but the adrenalin will be flowing, and that will carry us. Eileen



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I just read this, maybe late. Ok, well, it is all paying off. You are doing it together and having a great time.. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete