Monday, September 5, 2011

Three Sisters Traveling to Italy

Judy, Eileen and Joan
This blog has been set up so each of us can add to it. Follow us on our travels to Italy or not.

We began talking about our trip over a year ago in anticipation of our (Judy and Joan) 60th birthday. We live in different cities so we would send e-mails or have conference calls. Eileen lives in Seattle,Wa, Judy in Catalina, Az and I live in Happy Valley, Or.
Eileen began researching Rick Steve's Italy. She has traveled to Europe before but Judy and I haven't.

We all purchased Rick Steve's book and we have used it to guide us. We will be traveling for three weeks. We decided on 10 cities. We each took 3 or 4 cities to reserve a place to stay. Our first city is Milan. Eileen and I will be leaving Seattle and Judy flies out of Phoenix to meet us in London. We will then all fly into Milan together.
.
We are all using Rick's bags (small duffel bag that can be used like a backpack)
and carrying our IPads. This means we take only the minimum. He suggests to pack it up and then walk around a block or two. So in the next day or two I will be taking that walk around the block and probably repacking and repacking again.

My friend, Cathy, knowing about my anticipated vacation, sent me a calendar of Italy with Cinque Terre on the cover. It sits on the counter and I look at it every day. I just can't believe the day is almost here and how fortunate I am. I am going to be with my two sisters for three weeks. Now, that is great but then add Italy and WOW!! I am one lucky girl -Joan
Gift from Connie Kessinger

1 comment:

  1. Looks great. I am sure you will have a great time. Don't forget to just let it flow no matter what. That is half the fun of traveling. I will be memorable and I know you will have a fabous time. Safe travel.

    ReplyDelete